This is a list for models just starting out in the industry! It will give you an idea of how to come prepared for shoots and make sure that things go smoothly for all parties involved. Also this list is beneficial for makeup artists, hair stylists, wardrobe stylists and photographers to know what to tell models as well as expect from them. Typically agency signed models have this nailed down so you won't have to worry too much.
Things to NEVER do:
- DO NOT SPRAY TAN!!!
- DO NOT GET LASH EXTENSIONS!!!
- DO NOT GET FAKE NAILS!!!
Week prior to shoot
- Use UV tanning beds to even tan lines if necessary
- Exfoliate and moisturize skin
Few days prior to shoot
- Remove all hair on face and body, this includes peach fuzz on face and body
- Remove all fake nails, nail polish and toe polish. Keep nails one length
- Touch up hair color and get hair trimmed
- Get eyebrows shaped and cleaned up if necessary
- Avoid red meat, alcohol, caffeine and spicy food (causes oily skin and swelling)
- Avoid skin products that dry out skin such as Retin A, AHA, Acne Treatments etc...
Day of shoot
- Exfoliate and moisturize face and body
- Remove all traces of makeup
- Come with clean, dry hair (using products to make hair behave is acceptable)
- Wear loose clothing to prevent marks on the body
- Make sure all hair bands and jewelry are removed
What to bring to the shoot
- Undergarments in nude, black and white (Bras, strapless bras, thongs, tank tops etc...)
- Agency approved black bikini
- Wardrobe (required if stylist is not hired)
- Snack and water for yourself
- Hair extensions